& APRIL 2000
- Report on the NPS Centenary - Describes the three main events held
on 11th, 12th & 13th November 1999, comprising the Reception at Phillips,
the Centenary Dinner at the Royal Overseas League and the Fred Melville
- Spring STAMPEX News - The main attractions at this important show
being held at the Business Design Centre, Islington, London from 1st to 5th
- Guernsey Philatelic Weekend. The Editor visits the Guernsey Post
Office Philatelic Bureau at St Peter Port.
- OXFAM Seeks five billion "missing" stamps. This important
charity raised £88,000 from the sale of old and new stamps, in 1998.
- New for the Album - Christmas stamp from Sweden and a new
definitive set from Malta.
- Newfoundland in the Stamp Album. Covers all the stamps issued by
Newfoundland from 1880 to 1947 before being admitted as a Canadian province in
- Forgotten Countries - Queensland. Australia's second largest
state issued its own stamps from 1860 to 1911.
- Book Reviews. 10 recently published philatelic books.
- NPS News. New membership applications and forthcoming events.
- Commemorative Issues Related to Overseas Postal Rates. An
investigation into G.B. postal rates and commemorative issues.
- USA Pictorial Postmark Scene. A selection of illustrated postmarks
used in the USA early in the new millennium.
- Silk: a Philatelic Topic. Silk and the stamp album, an article with
bibliography by Tom Wilson.
- The Ultimate Airliner by Richard Saundry. The 30th anniversary of
the maiden flight of the famous Boeing 747 (Jumbo Jet) and the many subsequent
first flights around the world. Illustrated with 13 souvenir covers.
- Forgotten Countries - Angra, Horta and Ponta
Delgada. The stamps of
the little known Azores islands by Bernard Towler.
- "Rare Treats". The latest news on The Stamp Show 2000 to
be held at Earls Court, London in May 2000.
- Return to the Falkland Islands The experiences of NPS member
Geoffrey Moir, who spent 4 years teaching children in the Falklands during the
1980's and returned in 1998 for a 4 month visit where he witnessed the changes
that had taken place in the past decade.
- The Agony of Warfare A son writes to his father in World War I
- Voting for the Johnson Literary Award
- Book Reviews
- Auction and Exhibition News
- Joint New Issues for Sweden and Singapore
- Letters to the Editor
Receive all the benefits of NPS membership.