National Philatelic Society holds Members' Auctions currently as part of our Saturday meetings
held London - click here for details.
BUT BEGINNING IN 2020 THEY WILL BE HELD AT ALTERNATIVE MEETINGS i.e. 6 per
The auction is room and postal bidding. For those
attending in person, viewing begins at 10.30 a.m. The Auctions start at 12.45 p.m. being followed by, at 2.45 pm, the Display advertised in
Meetings & Events.
Please note that postal bids by existing members, auction payments, lots for sale in the
auction and correspondence relating to the auction or literature sales must be sent
to Michael R Thompson. (NPS), 77 St. Marks Avenue,
DA11 9LN. They should not be sent to the meeting
Please see below if you are not yet a
- They offer the chance for members of the NPS to buy and sell
stamps, postal history and philatelic literature.
We regret however that we cannot accept material for sale in the Auction
from National PS members living outside the European Union, since the Society cannot
accept liability for VAT charged on entry into the UK.
Bids can be accepted from Members wherever they may live, subject to any
trading restrictions with a particular country and the member being responsible
for any customs duties that may arise on the arrival of the purchases in your
- Each sale comprises 400 or more lots that vary in price from £2
(reserve) upwards of £100. There is generally something for everyone
including specialized items and the more common material from all around the
world. Bargains are not unheard of!
- CATALOGUES are published
for each sale. Click here to see
that for the next auction. Catalogues are sent to all members by email.
- VIEWING takes places from 11 a.m. on the morning of the Auction. Lots are not available for postal
- The auction is room and postal bidding - so have a look at
- and then why not take part - but, sorry, only if you're a member of
Our Constitution does not permit non-members to enter the fun. That can easily
be remedied simply by going to How to Join the
KEEN TO TAKE PART IN THE NEXT
AUCTION BUT NOT YET A
of a bid will be subject to the acceptance of your membership
– Then select option C on the bid form for one-off auction/book sale
membership that lasts for two months from the date of your bid form. This
enables you to bid in this and in the next monthly auction and place an order
in one Member’s Literature Sale during this two-month period.
If your bid in either Auction is
successful or if you secure a book in the Literature Sale you will be charged
£4 for this one-off membership (there is no charge if your bids or order are
you wish to participate in any more auctions or literature sales after the
expiry of the 2 months, then we must ask you to join the Society as a full
member, although if you have paid £4 you may deduct this from your initial
- Want to know what happened to those lots you didn't buy? Simply
e-mail us for details of what the
most recent Auction's lots were sold for, or if you wish to have the results
e-mailed to you automatically each month (until you say otherwise).
- The Philatelic Auctioneers' Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (1973
- All cheques must be payable to "National Philatelic Society"
i.e. do not abbreviate to "NPS".
- The decision of the Hon Auctioneer shall be final in respect of any
dispute that may arise.
Receive all the benefits of NPS membership