- This Appraisal Scheme is run by the National Philatelic Society for those who wish to enter the
National Competitions at Stampex but are not sure if the collection is good enough.
- The scheme therefore provides would be and existing exhibitors the chance of a preliminary �dry run� before entering.
How does it work?
- We arrange a one hour critique session for you.
- One, or where possible two, judges conversant in your philatelic subject, appraise your exhibit, and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- Exhibits of 3, 4 or 5 frames, i.e. 48, 64 or 80 sheets, can be submitted in any class, i.e. Traditional, Postal
History, Thematic, etc.
Please note however, only complete exhibits can be accepted � the judges are there to help you improve the exhibit, not to put it together for you!
- If you are unable to attend the appraisal, you may send your exhibit by post and obtain a written critique.
I�m interested - what now?
- Click here to read the Application Form
- No fee is payable by members of the NPS for this service � for non-members of the NPS there is a fee of �10. If exhibits have to be returned by post
however, postage is chargeable.
- Print off and complete the Application Form and send it
to Christine Earle, c/o National PS, The Cottage, Distillery Street,
Ruddington, Nottingham NG11 6HL ;
please do not send any material at this stage.
- You will then be advised of a date on which the appraisal can take place and arrangements.
- Appraisals are conducted throughout the year.
- All Appraisals must be insured (further details are given on the Application Form).
If you require further information contact the NPS at